About the Award
The Canadian Fitness Industry Leadership Award is Fitness Industry Council of Canada’s (FIC) most prestigious honour. This award is given annually to a FIC member who has, throughout the years, proven to be an industry leader while operating a fitness facility. This individual is passionate about the wellbeing and promotion of the industry and has contributed significantly to the progression of the Canadian fitness industry.
Who can be nominated?
- Nominee must be a Canadian fitness club owner or operator (or retired from the position).
- Nominee must be a supporter and annual contributor to FIC.
- To nominate someone, please provide a maximum one page letter explaining why the nominee deserves the Canadian Fitness Industry Leadership Award.
- Nominations for the year are collected in January each year.
- Nominations are to be sent to FIC’s Association Manager, Trisha Sarker, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How does the winner get selected?
- A sub-committee of the FIC Board of Directors and Provincial Council members will review and present their recommendations for nominations.
- All nominations are reviewed by FIC’s Board of Directors and put to a majority vote of the FIC Board.
What does the recipient receive?
- The recipient will be announced at the Canadian Forum at the annual IHRSA convention; the recipient be presented with the Canadian Fitness Industry Leadership Award at the Canadian VIP Reception.
- The recipient will be the guest of honour during the Canadian VIP Reception at the IHRSA convention.
- The recipient will be featured in a cover article in FitNews, an article in Fitness Business Canada Magazine, and article in CBI magazine, as well as in eFIC newsletters, FIC’s website, and in social media.
Where will the award take place?
- The award will take place annually every March at the IHRSA Convention and Tradeshow.