Facility Level Supporters:
This level is for fitness facilities across the country who wish to become a supporting member of FIC. The annual membership for smaller clubs (less than 1,000 members) is $500 dollars per year per club. For larger clubs (Over 1,000 members) and multi-chain fitness centres, FIC requests $1,000 per club per year. You may also provide membership fees monthly in smaller increments ($42 per month for smaller clubs and $82 per month for larger clubs).
In return for your appreciated support, facility operators will receive:
1. Free bi-monthly updates informing you of up to date industry information as well as updates on current and pending legislation affecting the fitness industry and your business.
2. An exclusive invitation to and recognition as a sponsor at all annual industry events, held at Can fit pro and IHRSA conventions.
3. An opportunity to publish announcements in eFIC, FitNews and Fitness Business Canada magazine, regarding developments at your company such as new equipment or special offers.
4. The ability to network and reach over 5,000 commercial club owners and operators across Canada.
5. Access to FIC’s secure website login, which provides you with a wealth of additional industry information.
More Reasons to Join:
Trade organizations and professional membership societies are more important to you than you may think. Most industry associations provide their members with the basic benefits; they give people the opportunity to access exclusive online resources, a variety of databases, and message boards. Online resources provide you with a wealth of information, emails and websites to notify you of upcoming events, news updates, and press releases. Industry associations also provide civic leadership and have political clout. Associations track legislative changes that could have a negative impact on your business. Organizations such as FIC have more political presence and clout when compared to individuals or individual club owners.
By becoming a member of Fitness Industry Council of Canada (FIC) you will gain access to a multitude of resources, such as access to the best industry information and people from across the world. In addition FIC goes well beyond the basics and provides its members with a personal support system.
For smaller clubs under 2,000 members FIC also offers a combined FIC/IHRSA Membership.